Flagging Progress

Got a little work in on flagging, but a lot of distractions today. Wrote down a few ideas for algorithms to use; I’ll consult with some of the wise old radio astronomers for guidance in the best approaches.

I implemented a very, very basic automatic flagger, and it works for what I want it to do. I ran into a strange problem with the dataset I tested it on, though. The calibration program is making some weird, and clearly erroneous, decisions about antenna gains, and I can’t figure out for the life of my why it’s doing what it’s doing. Somewhat reassuringly, the problem is unrelated to my stuff, but it’s still something that I’m going to have to deal with eventually, so I’d like to figure out what’s going on.